Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Citalopram Oral.

1/16/2008 3:09:40 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year

Comment:
I have been on Citalopram for almost a year. I have noticed weight gain and i have been yawning a lot. On the Plus side I am much happier (well not about the weight) with everything.

1/14/2008 11:45:43 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I changed from Lexapro to Citalopram (chemically much the same) due to the lesser expense of the generic. I have also taken Paxil and Prozac, and on this drug, I have the least amount of sexual side effects (no reduced libido). I have side effects of some sleepiness and yawning, but not much else. I have not gained any weight while on this drug. I sleep well. Overall, I am less edgy and not as eas ... Show Full Comment

1/14/2008 10:57:08 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on this drug for 3 months.It has helped elevate my mood and I find myself laughing more.The side effects seem to be yawning,slight weight gain due to the desire to snack and excesive sweating while sleeping

1/11/2008 12:36:27 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 (Patient)

Comment:
I was switched to this med, because my weight gain was out of control on Flouoxitine, this is a much better alternative. My overall happiness has greatly improved. I have decided that the yawning, and sometimes tiredness is just part of the depression package, sure beats sadness!!!!

1/10/2008 2:44:24 PM

Reviewer: 19-24

Comment:
I have been on this for 5 years, I yawn a lot, I sleep great(i always did before), my appetite is the same as it has always been, the best thing in did for me was that I am not so irritable and easily annoyed as I was before. Everyone responds differently to it.