Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of citalopram oral.

12/9/2007 7:16:17 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    When zoloft,or the generic, stopped working for me I had to try alot of different ones to find on that worked. Citalopram, is very, very effective. No issues at all. Other drugs caused me to be very "high strung", others left me appethetic. This drug is really effective, back to normal. What more can you ask for.

12/7/2007 3:33:17 PM

Reviewer: Heather, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been on this for 2 days and I can already tell a difference. I have less bad thoughts and anxiety attacks, though this could also be from the ridiculous headache that I have had since I started taking it. I have been sick to my stomach and hardly able to eat also. I slept GREAT the first night, but only managed to get 1 hour of sleep last night - will try taking it in the morning to see if ... Show Full Comment

12/3/2007 6:52:39 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Just getting started on it, side effects are lower than with lexapro, but the drug is not as effective for me. Yawning feels odd, its unexplainable, but weird. Having trouble sleeping, but my mood is better. If I had my way, I'd be on Lexapro, but insurance won't cover it anymore. A good alternative though.

11/28/2007 3:01:11 PM

Reviewer: 1960jean, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    i recently had back surgery and could not go back to my job.workmans comp had denied benefits which put a huge financial strain on my family.i was very depressed and this medication helped me tremendously.i no longer cried every day as before and i also do not have a bleak outlook for the future.

11/24/2007 3:32:45 AM

Reviewer: rihannanevada, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I got on this because I experienced too many side effects with another antidepressant. On this one, I have relatively few. I have gained about 5 pounds, but that is okay because I do not weigh very much. It has helped with my depression, but I still feel anxious a lot, but that is probably mostly a logical reaction to life changes. The problem is that I get very moody if I forget to take this ... Show Full Comment