Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Miralax oral.

7/5/2015 8:37:15 PM

Reviewer: antioch116, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have had severe constipation, diverticulitis, ibs and an ileus with a recent bowel resection. I was on a lot of narcotic pain meds which gave me severe constipation. I was placed on Linzees which worked, but too well. Miralax was gentle enough to use everyday with out having to make mad dashes to the bathroom. I had no side effects and It has allowed me to stop taking Linzees.

6/17/2015 3:14:56 PM

Reviewer: CASemler, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I only take this occasionally. I suffer from gastroparesis & had to change my diet. All my veggies must be cooked now. It's hard to get enough fiber & water. I'll get BM's that won't come out and usually one dose of Miralax does the trick very quickly.

5/29/2015 7:48:38 AM

Reviewer: JP, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
    I have been using Miralax every day for the past three years, and it has kept me out of the hospital. I am prone to bowel obstructions due to scoliosis and adhesions due to multiple abdominal surgeries. It has really improved my quality of life and reduced a lot of worry, anxiety and discomfort from painful, life-threatening obstructions.

5/20/2015 2:28:45 PM

Reviewer: mick, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    Like many, I have had a positive experience using Miralax (generic) on a daily basis. With all medications where the dosage can vary, e.g., constipation, sleep, anxiety, pain meds., and so on, I always try to find the lowest dosage that works for me. With Miralax, I started with 1/2 a cap, once per day, and it worked satisfactorily. I've now upped the dosage to the suggested 1 capful just to s ... Show Full Comment

4/27/2015 7:37:28 AM

Reviewer: Lady Cirrus, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I have severe constipation of unknown origin (suspected endometriosis and/or IBS). Miralax is the best laxative I've tried. It's prescribed to me in giant bottles and I take it about once a week. I occasionally get nauseous as it works its way through me, which is the worst side effect. But it's only happened twice. Miralax is very dehydrating, so I make sure to double my water i ... Show Full Comment