Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Miralax oral.

5/22/2008 11:41:01 AM

Reviewer: mia, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this medication for 1 week and with no results I hope it starts to work soon because it is so easy to take. I have noticed I have a headache since starting the medication don't know if that has anything to do with the meds or not I do have bloating and gas.. I am going to give it some more time before I give up completely.

5/8/2008 4:15:56 AM

Reviewer: steelevms, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years

Comment:
I have been on morphine for 5 years. No other laxative worked for me, except Milk of Magnesia. Since I have been taking MiraLax, I can depend on a daily BM. No side effects, so far. Love it and would definatlt reccomend it.

3/10/2008 8:48:39 PM

Reviewer: Hicksie, 75 or over Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It's the best medication since sliced bread

2/23/2008 1:21:37 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Miralax for at least 3 or 4 years now, due to chronic constipation from pain meds, (and 2 hemmoroid surgeries), it was the "miracle dust" for me. I have never had any bad side effects until now. For the last 2 months I have been having chronic diarrhia, with no other symptoms. Now I see on this site, that Miralax can cause it due to overuse. This is bad news for me, a ... Show Full Comment

2/14/2008 2:22:10 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am disappointed that I have not had the same results as others who found this to be a positive solution to constipation. Their claim of non bloating, non gas etc. was not the case for me. I had terrible bloating, and rancid gas, and it was almost constant. My BM's were different than they've ever been, not looking or smelling the same. I was miserable. I quit taking it, and would rather ... Show Full Comment