Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lo-Ovral 28 oral.

11/3/2013 6:12:31 PM

Reviewer: A Brownie, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Lo Ovral for over 8 months me and my boyfriend have really enjoyed this birth control. It has regulated my periods and I have not gotten pregnant. I take this birth control as directed. Make sure that you do not miss any pills and take them around the same time everyday. I advise every woman to set an alarm everyday. I especially set that alarm around my school day. I really am ... Show Full Comment

10/19/2012 8:21:25 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
For 26 years I have been on it an have had no side effects and no pregnancies

4/23/2012 6:50:20 PM

Reviewer: TreesAreGreat, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Side effects and everything varies. My experience from taking it for three years was that I didn't experience any side effects. If I did, I didn't notice. I had also lost weight-8 pant sizes! My periods were barely there and until a form of permanent birth control is done, I'll be taking this pill until then. Of course this was with recommended usage. I never missed a day and was never ... Show Full Comment

1/31/2012 6:54:37 PM

Reviewer: jszinnerman, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this pill for about 3 to 4 years before I stopped it this past December. I've missed 1 or 2 pills at a time and still never got pregnant. My periods were light to normal flow, and my cramps weren't that bad. The only thing I worry about now is how long it will actually take for me to get pregnant. Overall I believe this pill was the best choice. I was once on the patch and it made ... Show Full Comment

12/2/2011 11:11:56 AM

Reviewer: kw422, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this bc for 4 months now and just found out I was pregnant. Some birth control! And the the 8 months before I got back on the bc, no pregnancy. explain that...