Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Tri-Cyclen 28 oral.

11/26/2008 2:32:58 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Great for birth control. Make me very nauseous when I start a new pack. Hard to remember taking the same time everyday as well.

10/28/2008 11:29:43 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
i was on yasmin for a few years and realized that it gave me major mood swings so i wanted to try ortho tricyclin. it was a DISASTER. my face broke out like crazy and my period was worse than before i was even on the pill! my weight constantly fluctuated and it seemed like my leg and armpit hair was growing twice as fast. i really do think there is a certain pill for everyone, but this one was not ... Show Full Comment

9/24/2008 9:52:50 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have recently switched from YAZ to Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I love it! Before the YAZ I was on another low dose hormone birth control that I loved but I listened to the advice of my friends and switched to YAZ (BIG MISTAKE and all of my friends soon realized that YAZ was terrible). The YAZ made my face breakout terribly and I had the worst periods, major bleeding for at least 8 days and terrible ... Show Full Comment

8/6/2008 1:53:49 PM

Comment:
It has been easy to use, my boobs have gotten bigger, my skin looks great, no spotting ever, no more cramps, and minor mood swings. The only bad part about it is that it increased my appetite and I have been gaining weight!

8/5/2008 1:52:06 PM

Reviewer: Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was on ortho for 10 years. I recently switched to a generic oc and it's been a huge improvement. Ortho always worked but for years I thought I happened to be an irritable person. Now I realize alot of that was due to the ortho as I am far less irritable now that I'm on a different brand of daily oc. I suggest trying alternate brands if the oc you start on isn't working right for ... Show Full Comment