Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho Tri-Cyclen 28 oral.

6/18/2014 6:35:58 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I loved this bc! I used it for 7 almost 8 years and never had any problems. I did gained weight but I think is more of a combination of life style choices and the pill than the pill itself. I dont even consider I gained that much, it has never been my issue. I used to have horrible acne before taking it and it cleared my skin, which made me really happy. I stopped taking it for a few months to giv ... Show Full Comment

3/19/2014 8:19:01 PM

Reviewer: alyssa, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This was my first time with birthcontrol, so my doctor figured this was my best option. For the second month, i had spotting all month, and knew somebody with the same experience. But after that month, everything has been perfect. Me and my boyfriend have been only using the pill, no condoms and we have had no pregnancy scared. period always comes on the fourth day after the last pill. Also pills ... Show Full Comment

2/10/2014 11:49:36 AM

Reviewer: Baby D, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this for six months and loved it, but had to switch to Desogen, which I hated. I tried to switch back to it a few days ago, but my blood pressure was a little high and they gave me Ortho Micronor that is only 92-99% effective and I will not be taking it. It cleared up my skin and I didn't get pregnant.

2/1/2014 4:08:49 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Loved this pill and was on it for 5 years until I had break through bleeding for several months. I had to switch pills.

12/6/2013 2:31:55 AM

Reviewer: buffy, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed this for birth control, and while that part worked, I had other issues with the pill. I only took it for 6 months, but during that time my periods were coming every two weeks, and lasting for two weeks, and were also very painful. Also, it really reduced my sex drive and made me very moody. Since coming off it, everything has been back to normal.