Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho-Cyclen (28) Oral.

5/5/2013 9:38:32 PM

Reviewer: Kyra, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Orth-Cyclen & it's generic brand, used as birth control, is wonderful! I have been on it for several months now. I have no negative side effects. It's very effective on preventing pregnancy! In my family we are all extremely fertile women, and my fiance and I started having unprotected sex a couple months ago, and I haven't had any issues with this birth control. It's also ligh ... Show Full Comment

1/10/2013 3:40:57 PM

Reviewer: celledge, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I switched from Ortho Tri Cyclen Low to this because the Low caused me to have cysts. Once I switched to this medicine my cysts went away and I have had no symptoms and no pregnancy since I have been on this medicine for 3+ years now! Love it.

1/10/2013 12:51:08 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Been on this pill for 11 days now and I don't like it because my breast seem swollen and tender, and I feel like I have gained weight. I have been on birth control before and never had this issue. I had to change to this pill because they don't carry the other kind I was on. I have also noticed spotting.

1/6/2013 8:09:55 PM

Reviewer: AMC, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is the second time that I have tried Ortho-cyclen, and both times I had negative side effects. In each case, I was on it for at least three months, in order to see if the side effects would abate, which they did not. My side effects included: sudden weight gain (15-20 lbs), mood swings, deep cystic acne on my chin (as opposed to my normally clear skin), heavier periods, and increased period l ... Show Full Comment

1/1/2013 10:18:19 PM

Reviewer: Victoria, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this pill for exactly three days, and I already hate it. It makes me feel bloated, and my face is breakout CITY--I don't even want to give this pill a month or so to settle into my system or anything, sacrificing my skin isn't worth it! I was on Junel FE 1.5/30 before, and I'm going to be switching back as soon as I can get an appointment with my doc!