Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ortho-Cyclen (28) oral.

5/17/2013 1:12:38 PM

Reviewer: Boo Bear, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I switched to this pill due to lack of insurance, and in the first 5 days, I've gained almost 5 lbs and I just feel awful overall. I was planning to get off the pill after my wedding in September, but I am seriously thinking about stopping it now.

5/5/2013 9:38:32 PM

Reviewer: Kyra, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Orth-Cyclen & it's generic brand, used as birth control, is wonderful! I have been on it for several months now. I have no negative side effects. It's very effective on preventing pregnancy! In my family we are all extremely fertile women, and my fiance and I started having unprotected sex a couple months ago, and I haven't had any issues with this birth control. It's also ligh ... Show Full Comment

1/10/2013 3:40:57 PM

Reviewer: celledge, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I switched from Ortho Tri Cyclen Low to this because the Low caused me to have cysts. Once I switched to this medicine my cysts went away and I have had no symptoms and no pregnancy since I have been on this medicine for 3+ years now! Love it.

1/10/2013 12:51:08 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Been on this pill for 11 days now and I don't like it because my breast seem swollen and tender, and I feel like I have gained weight. I have been on birth control before and never had this issue. I had to change to this pill because they don't carry the other kind I was on. I have also noticed spotting.

1/6/2013 8:09:55 PM

Reviewer: AMC, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is the second time that I have tried Ortho-cyclen, and both times I had negative side effects. In each case, I was on it for at least three months, in order to see if the side effects would abate, which they did not. My side effects included: sudden weight gain (15-20 lbs), mood swings, deep cystic acne on my chin (as opposed to my normally clear skin), heavier periods, and increased period l ... Show Full Comment

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman
And how to fix them?
Tips to kick the habit.
richly colored hair
What your hair says about your health?
Woman running
10 ways to boost your metabolism.
Girl drinking orange juice