Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Zovia 1/35E 28 oral.

6/19/2009 10:46:14 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
my breasts swelled up so big it hurt so much!!!!! It's a high dose medication so your doctor may need to put you on a lower dose- also fatigue is a crazy problem!!!!!!!!! I all of a sudden cannot stay up past a certain time or wake up easily

6/11/2009 11:36:20 AM

Reviewer: sueann2725, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Zovia for about 4 months now. I have two side effects. The first one is i get really bad head aches when i get stressed out, they are very painful and throbing! Second after the suger pills and i get started on my 1st week of a new pack, my clit swells up... it doesn't to the point where it hurts but to the point where its very annoying!!! Its usually for 2-3 days. My doctor ... Show Full Comment

5/28/2009 8:45:46 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Caregiver)

Comment:
I switched to Zovia after being on 2 different birth control pills. The first 2 brands caused me to have all sorts of mood swings, so I switched about 2 years ago and this is definitely the right one for me! It's great to be able to be on birth control and not have ANY side effects!

11/13/2008 8:25:39 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I started Zovia to control my periods which were lasting 2 weeks and were extremely painful. It worked wonderfully in controlling my cylce, but with emotional side effects. I've always had a bit of anxiety that I managed to control without medication for years -- however this pill set me off. Very tense, depressed, sleeplessness and anxious all the time. I do not recommend for anyone with ... Show Full Comment

5/26/2008 8:27:12 PM

Reviewer: TAMMY01, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I HAVE BEEN TAKING ZOVIA SINCE I WAS 19 AND I AM NOW 38. THE PROBLEM I HAVE IS SINCE I HAVE HAD MAJOR SURGERY ON MY LOWER BACK I GET SHARP BACK PAINS. WHEN I STOP THE PILL THE PAIN GOES AWAY.