Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Ferrlecit IV.

9/2/2014 9:53:05 AM

Reviewer: Quiet Eagle, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had a total gastrectomy 30 years ago due to cancer. I have been getting Iron infussions for 30 years. This year the hospital claimed they are not caring the Iron I usually receive due to side effects. I had my first dose of Ferrlecit in February with minimal side effects...Joint aches, nausea for a few days, and feeling tired...By August I needed another infusion, which I found to be unusual. ( ... Show Full Comment

6/12/2014 4:47:08 PM

Reviewer: Court10, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Just finished 3/8 treatments. Each time after I get an infusion I always have a headache, nausea ,a weird metallic taste in my mouth, and I feel very tired. This only lasts about 24 hours. But then the joint pain kicks in. My back, hips, feet, and elbows ache for days. My doc said I since my level was so low (2) it would take 4-5 treatments to feel a real improvement. So my fingers are crossed!!

1/7/2014 3:03:51 PM

Reviewer: Zach, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Had my 3rd treatment yesterday , 3/8.Get the steroid and benadrly also . had awful headache after and a bit today , and last night had terrible sweats, literally soaked the sheets . Feel abit tired but not as bad as before IV .

10/8/2013 6:46:26 AM

Reviewer: MOMsandoval, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am currently on my 6th round of treatments, usually being able to go a year between treatments after my 'boost.' I have had no reactions to the med, but the most recent infusions have had a less dramatic improvement and this most current rounds of treatment have been making me nauseous, sadly, as I may be forced to find another drug that works as well. Overall, this has generally improv ... Show Full Comment

7/1/2013 5:36:51 PM

Reviewer: janisrn, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I get iron infusions every 6 months. My MD started me on this one in 2007 after I had a reaction to another IV iron infusion. No reactions to this one except twice last year I had post infusion edema. Had to take Lasix after two treatments. Started my most recent series of infusion and no problems. I have 2 more infusions to go for this series.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.