Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of octreotide acetate Inj.

1-4 of 4
3/12/2012 2:42:18 AM

Reviewer: echos, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take one lar shot at the hospital every 21 days and 1 to 3 shots daily at home. I did not sleep before do to side effects of sweating, flushing, stomach upset and eating was a No No if you were not going to be near a restroom for the next 4 to 6 hours. Now I am back to work full time, maintaining my weight, and able to get out and enjoy life. Thank god for health insurance. Not sure how other do ... Show Full Comment

1/15/2011 10:19:35 AM

Reviewer: rachel, Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I receive monthly injections for carcinoid cancer of the small intestine which has metastisized to the liver. My diahrea, flushing, pain has decreases somewhat. I still have diahrea afer each meal but it is not as watery. Certain foods trigger my attacks, so I have to be real careful while eating. I am weak and sometimes confused, could be the drug.

12/28/2010 8:39:54 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had severe nausea and diarreha after surgery that removed a neuroendrocrine tumor that caused me to lose over 20 lbs.I was so weak, I felt like I would be dead in a few months. Octreotide cured those symptoms and allowed me to regain the weight I'd lost and my strength. It has worked very well for me.

9/11/2010 11:09:22 AM

Reviewer: Olaff, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've been using this drug for 9 years now and do 4 inj of 120mcg daily. It has kept me alive Side effects (for me) are mild headache. Steatorrhea is also one if too much fatty food is eaten. (a no-no with carcinoid!) I'm 67yo and also have >severe aortic stenosis. My doctor can't believe I'm still alive and move about easily. The DX was 12 yrs after the initial crisis of s ... Show Full Comment

1-4 of 4

And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.