Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Actos oral.

10/16/2007 4:13:27 PM

Reviewer: Dr. Y, 65-74 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
In about 6 months with Actos I have gained 15 pounds. I had been able to control my glucose level for nearly 6 years with diet and exercise before my levels increased. Actos gives me a range of readings from 94 to 140. I am eating less and exercising more than ever to NO avail. Additionally, I have had about a dozen days of low blood sugar. I would gladly go to something else if there is somethin ... Show Full Comment

10/16/2007 1:59:13 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Overall this med has worked for me however; I have gained over 50 lbs in a two year period. My doctor has now prescribed byetta, which I now have been on it for 3 months.

10/14/2007 6:40:56 PM

Reviewer: NOACTOS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was into menopause--no periods for several months-- when I started to take Actos. Within 10 days I had a menstrual period of 5 days--heavy bleeding, cramps. 15 days later I had another heavy period, same as the last one. I took myself off the drug; the periods have not returned.

10/13/2007 11:56:15 PM

Reviewer: Iamreal, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor has me using Actos, we have my blood sugar down to very acceptable levels and I feel much better with actos and glyburide. There has not been any side effects unlike the Metaformin. I don't run to the bathroom anymore and don't feel like my heart is racing anymore, as i did with Metaformin (it was a reation). I also take glyburide with this and this combonation is working for me. ... Show Full Comment

10/9/2007 11:23:12 AM

And how to fix them?
fat caliper
Check your BMI.
man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.