Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Low-Ogestrel 28 oral.

6/3/2014 6:46:47 PM

Reviewer: mmmollyann, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Yaz for 4 years to treat irregular and painful periods. It worked well for a while until my symptoms came back, so I switched to this. While my periods and cramping have been less painful, I've noticed a dramatic shift in my personality. I've been on this for maybe 6 months and have been experiencing debilitating depression. The worst I've EVER felt. I'd break down and sob ... Show Full Comment

3/27/2014 11:40:39 PM

Reviewer: Jennipher, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Twice I had to take this drug because the pharmacy had my other one on back order. Both times I got my period a week sooner than I was suppose to. The first time I took it I also got a rash.

3/17/2014 9:10:10 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on either Low-Ovral or Low-Ogestrel for 30 YEARS. I started when I was 17 and just turned 47. It worked perfectly for me. I went off twice purposely to get pregnant and I did within 2 month,s had healthy babies and went back on. But I'd like to know the affects it has on menopause. Anyone else out there been on it this long?

3/8/2014 2:23:26 AM

Reviewer: pigtail, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Just want to add that I've been taking this drug for about three weeks now with absolutely no side effects that I am aware of. I was hesitant to start any birth control over my anxieties related to taking medications in general--so much so that I waited an entire month after I intended to start the birth control--but in retrospect I have no regrets and wish I would have started it earlier. If ... Show Full Comment

1/17/2014 5:50:52 PM

Reviewer: long-term BC pill user, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am SO glad I read through these reviews. Now I know the sadness and inexplicable depression I feel sometimes isn't me! It's just the medication. Now maybe it won't bother me so much. I have been on this pill for several years. Initially, I was placed on it because I started having difficult cramps with another med. The cramping didn't really get better, but I think in my ca ... Show Full Comment