Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Apri Oral.

4/22/2008 2:14:08 PM

Reviewer: pittm4, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
The first few weeks where okay. But after that I suffered severe mood swings, I became depressed. I also lost all intrest in sex, which i guess is another reason why this drug may have been effective. I also had severe head aches. I stopped taking it for a month and learned that I had developed a cyst on my ovaries, which later on burst causing severe pain. The figure that was from the birth contr ... Show Full Comment

4/15/2008 1:00:52 PM

Reviewer: blondien27, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I havent had any side affects beside the loss of sex drive. Overall I am satisified :)

3/14/2008 4:52:56 PM

Reviewer: SLC72, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
since taking this pill a little under a year, my cramps are horrible and I just recently found out that I 'd developed a cyst on my ovary! I have not been using this pill for about a month now and I feel like I am pregnant, but I am (doctor confirmed). The weight gain is a huge problem. I have since found a method that is 99% accurate and in not horomonal.

2/29/2008 1:28:49 PM

Reviewer: Mrs.Maes, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am 25 years old and suffered from a cerebral bleed (subdural hemitoma) after taking this medication. I was extremly healthy and do not smoke. I had a have a crainiotomy preformed to evacuate the blood that had collected on my brain. I had a mild head ache for about 2 weeks, went to the dr one moning because the headache became more intense. If you are on this medication. Be aware of the warni ... Show Full Comment

2/24/2008 10:17:41 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This birth control worked fine for me: it got rid of my cramps and prevented pregnancy. I've not been satisfied, though, because it completed destroyed my sex drive. I haven't had any desire for sex for the past several months that I've been using this drug. Before this, I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, and I think I'll be switching back to Ortho very soon.

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.