Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of oxybutynin chloride oral.

2/23/2016 1:28:51 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    It helped to stop the urgency and could make it to the bathroom more often. I stopped taking it because I was having pain in both legs and my mouth was so dry that it was intolerable. I am searching for an affordable alternative.

12/28/2015 4:26:04 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    It really dried me out, I mean , my mouth , everything!!! I couldn`t eat or drink because my mouth got so sore. I had to quit taking it for that reason! Other than that problem it worked fine.

11/20/2015 6:38:56 PM

Reviewer: Annie, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm an active young 77. I've had urgency problems since a double spinal fusion years ago. Vesicare worked better for me but Oxybutynin is a good substitute as Vesicare was prohibitively expensive. I've not had any side effects, but I don't take it every day. I take it the night before I have an active day planned for the next day. The most I've taken it is 3 days in a row. I ... Show Full Comment

11/19/2015 10:23:24 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    It did lessen my frequency of needing to urinate and lessened the urgency. I was able to "hold it off" longer. The side effects are quite unbearable though. Dry mouth and blurred vision. I got free samples of vesicare that had less side effects but did not work for the prescribed reason so maybe take only one pill of oxybutnin a day rather than two to see if there might be less side ... Show Full Comment

9/3/2015 1:32:32 PM

Reviewer: Ester, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I have taken 2 5mg. each night for a little over a week now. I have Very dry mouth, but my biggest concern is I have pain in my bladder area. Has anyone else experienced this? I am still getting up 3-4 times a night to urinate. But then I know 2 weeks really isn't long enough to see if it will work. Just wondering about the pain thing.