Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of fluoxetine Oral.

4/15/2008 11:46:48 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
i've noticed the drug helps keep my emotions in check a little better, but only on the outside. when i take the prozac i still feel the same emotionally, only i cannot physically cry which only frustrates me more.

4/10/2008 10:49:01 PM

Reviewer: Kat, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Most days i feel great/normal. But then there are those nights that it is not

4/8/2008 1:58:08 PM

Reviewer: crinzle, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I went to the doctor because I thought I had ADD or some kind of anxiety disorder that was making it extremely hard for me to focus in school and he diagnosed me with depression. I am taking 40 mg/day and I think things have just gotten worse, my ups and downs are more intense and I have had terrible nightmares since i started taking it.

4/3/2008 9:51:29 AM

Reviewer: Just Me, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed with major depressive disorder, and put on fluoxetine three weeks ago. There's a definite appreciable difference in my outlook and life. I know it's not full benefits yet, but it's been great. My friends and family notice I'm myself again and my mom almost cried, saying "it's so good to see you in a good mood for a change!"

3/28/2008 6:53:56 PM

Reviewer: soosbee, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I felt that everything just "smoothed out" when I first started taking it - 10 mg; it felt wonderful. After a couple of years I thought I shouldn't have to stay on it forever so quit about 3 months ago, and I am really miserable--cry a lot, Very irritable. Am seriously thinking of going back on it. Bad side: NO sexual interest; weight gain. Is this necessary??