Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of fluoxetine Oral.

3/28/2008 6:53:56 PM

Reviewer: soosbee, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I felt that everything just "smoothed out" when I first started taking it - 10 mg; it felt wonderful. After a couple of years I thought I shouldn't have to stay on it forever so quit about 3 months ago, and I am really miserable--cry a lot, Very irritable. Am seriously thinking of going back on it. Bad side: NO sexual interest; weight gain. Is this necessary??

3/18/2008 8:26:38 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Am I the only one who gained tons of weight with this medication? As soon as I stopped taking this, I dropped 10 pounds literally overnight. The good part is that when stopping this medication, there aren't really that many nasty withdrawls like Paxil.

3/18/2008 5:31:29 PM

Reviewer: moheatbud, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I began taking this after talking to my doctor about being grumpy and very irritable. I started taking 20 MG and the dosage had to be increased to 40 MG before I noticed a huge difference. It has given me my life back and I am grateful. My husband and daughter didn't think I was depressed, but after taking this for 3 months now they can tell I've been a lot happier and a lot easier to li ... Show Full Comment

3/11/2008 7:48:39 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Works well for me. Only side effect is it has destroyed my sexual desires.

3/8/2008 10:56:05 PM

Comment:

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.