Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Anafranil Oral.

8/19/2010 4:19:23 AM

Reviewer: ocdgirl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
When I first began taking Anafranil, I got really sick. I stuck with it, and it is the only drug that helps me with my severe OCD. The only side effect has been immense weight gain. I never had a weight problem until I started taking this drug.

3/8/2010 4:45:33 PM

Reviewer: StaceyAmber, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have a terrible time with counting and checking things and I have found this works great. I had to give it time to work. I have been on it for two months now and I am very happy. I have had some side effects i.e. sweating, weight gain about 15 lbs, and twitching, But I would rather sweat, twitch and be a little heavier than COUNT and CHECK everything in my house before I left. Give it time it wo ... Show Full Comment

12/15/2009 8:26:51 PM

Reviewer: naner, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had to quit this drug because of urinary retention. I landed up in the ER needing to be catheterized. I don't think it is a common effect but it happened to me. I really loved this product too. It was really helping me sleep.

12/2/2009 11:26:26 PM

Reviewer: hotflash, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
started taking 25mg at night , then 50mg, then 75mg, but at that dose my appetite went out of control and in 2 weeks I gained 10 pounds. Not a good thing for me. I would like to know how other patients deal with it.

8/31/2009 1:52:52 AM

Reviewer: mff, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took it may years ago for a month -- immediately gained 20+ pounds and felt good for one day, but generally it did not seem to help.