Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of exemestane oral.

Condition: Hormone Receptor Positive Postmenopausal Early Breast Cancer After Adjuvant Tamoxifen
3/3/2014 1:24:23 PM

Reviewer: Caroclara, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on a different after cancer/radiation drug. My body hurt so much I was going to stop taking it. This drug does not hurt my body, joints, muscles etc. so I am grateful. Only time will tell on the other.

12/6/2013 2:32:10 PM

Reviewer: Corky, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is the same as Aromasin. My generic is made by Greenstone not Pfizer. I have had minor joint pain, dry eyes, trigger finger and cough. These have resolved within a few weeks. The major problems are insomnia(for which I take an over-the-counter product) and feminine dryness for which I use organic cocoa butter.) It has been four months so far and I hope to take this for five years.

7/7/2013 7:18:55 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For the first 2 1/2 yrs i had horrible leg cramps that woke me every night. The cramps were even above my knees. I have had lower back pain and am having trouble now with my hip joints and pain when standing. Trigger fingers (my thumb) was also a problem. I had difficulty holding on to things.

7/6/2013 11:24:07 AM

Reviewer: DeeAnn Slover, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been taking this med for about 3 months now. I have experienced joint pain and hot flashes as expected. However, the pain and flashes are relatively minor as compared to what I have already faced with chemo, radiation and 3 surgeries. I've read many reviews on similar meds and many women are suffering. I think the most important factors I've kept in mind are: this is temporar ... Show Full Comment

4/9/2013 3:56:44 PM

Reviewer: Nan2high, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
The past 18 months have been a nightmare for me. Sadly so many side effects have reduced the quality of my life that I have had to stop taking it 5 weeks ago. Today I had a chest xray to investigate the breathlessness. The insomnia is diminishing. Joint pains, sciatica, vision & memory problems, hair & nail loss, itching everywhere skin touches skin but particularly in the folds of my groi ... Show Full Comment