Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of exemestane oral.

Condition: Hormone Receptor Positive Postmenopausal Early Breast Cancer After Adjuvant Tamoxifen
12/8/2014 11:30:39 AM

Reviewer: lemoncandy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed w/Invasive Lobular Carcinoma in June 2013. HER 2+ and ER positive. in half of my lymph nodes. Chemo, Lumpectomy, Mastectomy then radiation. I started on this medication and have bone and joint aches. Stiff fingers and hands. A little swelling in my hands not too bad. Hair thinning, slight headaches once in awhile. Hot flashes and insomnia quite a bit. Able to deal with though. Head ... Show Full Comment

6/8/2014 4:50:34 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this drug for 2 months after chemo & radiation.My breast ca.was in my had spread to my nodes so I'm on the drug for 5 yrs I had trouble with nausea but now it is my cholestrol is going up on this drug,I can't stop taking it. I have had some insomnia but I will survive I have two friends that have triple negative breast cancer so I feel rather blessed that I have the ki ... Show Full Comment

3/3/2014 1:24:23 PM

Reviewer: Caroclara, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was put on a different after cancer/radiation drug. My body hurt so much I was going to stop taking it. This drug does not hurt my body, joints, muscles etc. so I am grateful. Only time will tell on the other.

12/6/2013 2:32:10 PM

Reviewer: Corky, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This is the same as Aromasin. My generic is made by Greenstone not Pfizer. I have had minor joint pain, dry eyes, trigger finger and cough. These have resolved within a few weeks. The major problems are insomnia(for which I take an over-the-counter product) and feminine dryness for which I use organic cocoa butter.) It has been four months so far and I hope to take this for five years.

7/7/2013 7:18:55 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
For the first 2 1/2 yrs i had horrible leg cramps that woke me every night. The cramps were even above my knees. I have had lower back pain and am having trouble now with my hip joints and pain when standing. Trigger fingers (my thumb) was also a problem. I had difficulty holding on to things.

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture