Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Tamiflu oral.

2/11/2008 11:00:09 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was shocked when the pharmacy told me this medicine was $80.00! But, I should have gotten a flu shot...so...I guess this is my lesson. The medicine has worked pretty quickly. My body aches and fever went away within hours of the first dose. My sore throat and cough are still holding on strong after 3 deays on this medicine. But, it made it possible for me to go back to work after only 1.5 day ... Show Full Comment

2/11/2008 4:57:59 PM

Reviewer: MomtoPhil, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
My 7 year old was given both unflavored, and then flavored, Tamiflu... he gagged and vomited it up as soon as he took it... I even tasted it - can't say that I blame him. Like others have said, it is expensive as well, and definitely not worth it, at least for a child in the liquid form.

2/9/2008 7:21:36 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has helped cut down the severity of the flu for me. When I took it, it did make me a little sick to my stomach, however I just ate some crackers or something light and it went away. A common side effect of the pill does say it could make you vommit.

2/8/2008 9:27:17 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had terrible flu symptoms before starting the drug. As far as i can tell it didn't really do all that much. four days later i am feeling a little better but tamiflu was way too expensive for the good it actually did. I woke up each morning feeling like i had swallowed a handfull of nails before going to bed as well.

2/8/2008 7:39:02 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am on day 2 of taking Tamiflu and already notice a big change. I have no upset stomache but I have been eating before I take it. My body isn't as achy and my fever broke within hours of taking. Clearing up my chest, it dosen't feel like it is on fire whenever I cough.