Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of levetiracetam Oral.

5/4/2009 10:50:25 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on Keppra for 3 years straight for partial onset seizues and never experienced a seizure nor side effect (500mg perday). Like others, on my last refill CVS was pleased to tell me that I can save $50 per refill by trying this new generic - I was ecstatic! Two months later, I am still seizure-free however my personality has changed from cheerful and positive to completely depressed a ... Show Full Comment

4/14/2009 5:59:17 PM

Reviewer: glo7440, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
I have high blood pressure since I started taking this and several other meds My head still hurts and I have this swimming in my head serious drowsiness as well !

4/14/2009 11:16:17 AM

Reviewer: DoNotUseLevetiracetam, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
My husband has been on Keppra for a while with no incident. When he was switched to the generic he had multiple seizures a day for weeks. Dr said other patients had been having problems with the generic too. I am in the process of filing a complaint with teh FDA and the manufacturer. I do not recommend Levetiracetam. If your insurance makes you use the generic, try it for a while, but be care ... Show Full Comment

3/13/2009 6:24:52 PM

Reviewer: jennieshere2004@aol.com, 65-74 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
seizures

3/1/2009 9:00:26 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I just started on this drug in place of Keppra. I seem to feel better and less sleepy. However, I seem a bit more forgetful and have still have less energy then I have ever had b4. Going back to neuro doc tomorrow to try to find a different treatment as I seem to be having seizures/side effects.