Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Avelox oral.

2/5/2014 11:46:24 AM

Reviewer: sva, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    If you're not allergic, this is a great treatment for sinus infections. Once a day for 5 days and I started feeling better after one treatment. Take the full 5 days.

1/8/2014 3:52:34 PM

Reviewer: jas, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Within the first day of taking this medication I noticed my left arm becoming increasingly 'stiff' and a feeling of cramp in both my feet. By Day 3 I could no longer lift my arm high enough to wash my hair in the shower. Once I realised it was probably the medication I stopped taking it immediately, the arm improved but I occasionally have trouble with both feet. The side-effects for thi ... Show Full Comment

12/28/2013 9:39:31 AM

Reviewer: betternow, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I was given a generic for Cefzil and it did nothing to treat the pain and infection in my sinus and throat. After a week I switched to Avelox for 5 days (once per day) and it worked quickly. I had taken it once before for a similar problem some years ago and I remembered how effective it was and asked to try it again since the first drug did not work.

11/16/2013 8:46:41 AM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Awful med...will never take it again and believe that it should be taken off the market. Within 3 hours of taking 1 pill, I started feeling very sick. My body started shaking, breathing was rapid and shallow, and I was extremely anxious and irritable. I did not take any more pills. 48 hours after taking 1 pill, I was still experiencing bad side effects plus chest pain and rapid heart beat. I ... Show Full Comment

11/9/2013 12:19:28 PM

Reviewer: City Gal, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I did get a bit dizzy so I would take this at bedtime and did at first get a faster heart beat but may have been cause I read all the crazy side effects on-line. This medicine did work for me. Had an awful case of tonsillitis. Be sure to read the package and how other meds (even vitamins) you may be taking can alter the effects and increase chances of side effects.