Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of avelox oral.

12/2/2007 3:56:27 AM

Comment:

Condition: Acute Bacterial Infection of the Sinuses
11/21/2007 9:05:20 AM

Reviewer: aim63, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have taken this med before and it works but I feel that I should take it for 10 - 14 days because my sinuses always contain some junk and the longer it stays up there the greater chance of another infection; also after awhile it starts to travel South and I am always coughing up yellow to yellowish/ brown gobs of phlegm. It just nerver seems to totally clear up.

11/15/2007 1:39:28 PM

Reviewer: Elly, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been on this once before and it was a godsend compared to the cipro and z-pacs i had always been stuck on. I'm allergic to penicillin so my choices to treat my constant sinus infections and subsequent bronchitis are limited. So far avelox has been the most effective and i feel relief sooner than the others. In all fairness though, i may be immune to the others. I was informed by my al ... Show Full Comment

11/11/2007 8:03:18 PM

Reviewer: jemachharo, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am half way through treatment. My staph infection is getting better, but the treatment is almost worse than the illness. It is hard for me to function for the first 7-8 hours after I take the pill. Nausea, dizziness, stomach pain. I am taking pro-biotics which help a little. I mentioned to my husband that I felt like what I imagine chemotheraphy might be like. Then I did research and found ... Show Full Comment

11/1/2007 5:05:16 PM

Comment:
I would take the medication and my face would turn flush and my body felt hot all day long. I was miserable!