Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depakote Oral.

3/11/2009 9:30:03 AM

Reviewer: Greyhound, 25-34 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking Depakote along with Wellbutrin for about a month. I'm taking the Depakote, 250mg, twice a month. Not feeling any better, if anything, feeling worse. I've been on the Wellbutrin for several years so I know it's not that. Plus the Depakote is going through my system within several hours and comes out completely intact in my diarrhea like stool.

3/9/2009 2:23:34 PM

Reviewer: scooter09, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I cannot see any difference in my moods or deppression state. If anything I feel more deppressed with med. When my previous dr. gave me 10mg. of valium I was a lot better.

3/1/2009 9:02:03 PM

Reviewer: she, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
i went in for a different reason and came out with bipolar. my eyes are fuzzier, my hearing, has gotten worse,i am a sitting zombie, cant think straight. i may need a depends. want to give it a fair try . looking for answers?

2/12/2009 3:58:58 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have only been on Depakote for almost 2 weeks but after years or ups and downs and recently months of mean moods, I do feel good. I feel better than I have in years. The only tears I cry though are for the hair loss and weight gain, something I couldn't afford before. My kids and husband are worth it though.

1/28/2009 5:18:19 PM

Reviewer: Configurator, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have bipolar disorder 2. Starting at age 52 I took Depakote for one month before combining it with Paxil. During that first month my mental sexual desire declined greatly, and it became difficult to have an orgasm - lack of sensitivity. Depakote and Paxil have solved by bipolar problem but the sexual side effect has been constant these past 6-7 years. I'm tired of this side effect so I'm g ... Show Full Comment

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture