Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of tessalon oral.

3/11/2008 12:07:33 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was coughing so hard that I couldn't stop pissing my pants, underwear, furniture, etc. The codeine syrup didn't touch it. I was down to my last pair of clothing when I begged for a prescription to be called in. The doc on call chose the pearls and it totally saved me. I didn't feel drugged, I still coughed some, but I was able to remain clothed. The pants stayed dry. Woo Hoo! G ... Show Full Comment

1/30/2008 2:24:16 PM

Reviewer: blessedbairns, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
This was prescribed for me for an all day, sleep depriving cough associated with a viral flu infection. The cough has lessened somewhat (tessalon's purpose is to relax the muscles that cause cough spasms) but the Dr. finally decided to take me off this and suggested Mucinex to clear the remaining phlegm from my lungs and bronchia. Let the coughing begin!

1/15/2008 7:21:01 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I asked my doctor to help me with the cough. I was up all night coughing. What a waste of money. I'd rather have a nasty liquid that works.

1/7/2008 8:42:43 AM

Reviewer: Male (Patient)

Comment:
I've had a cough for 3 months and my doc prescribed this med. I take 2 pills at a time and it hasn't done a thing to reduce my cough. But then again I've never had any med including the codeine cough syrup that has ever worked for my coughs.

1/1/2008 1:24:20 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
My Doctor has been nice enough to let me have refills to make sure i have this when I need it. It works great and without the (tiredness) you get with the codine syrups. Also works great for that post nasal drip (tickle) in the back of your throat that can drive yu crazy.That was the orginal reason that doctor gave it to me...worked like nothing else!