Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Trileptal oral.

4/16/2014 12:13:32 PM

Reviewer: POTATO!, 13-18 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 14-year-old with Bipolar ll and ADHD, and I find Trileptal to work very well with Abilify. I still have my highs and lows while on this drug, so I tend to blame the Trileptal when I'm feeling depressed and sick. That's not the case. I have experienced no cognitive difficulties being on a tiny dosage of 300 mg a day, but once I accidentally took 1200 mg one morning, twice the amount ... Show Full Comment

2/26/2014 10:31:58 PM

Reviewer: Mica, 13-18 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I took this medicine for 7 years for bipolar disorder. It made every mood intensify. It made drowsy like. i felt zombie like after taking it. I'm now off of it but found out that I was diagnosed incorrectly I have HORRIBLE anxiety problems not sure if its related but I have a horrible memory now. I'm so against medicine after being wrongfully diagnosed

2/18/2014 10:26:21 AM

Reviewer: suzie q, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medication for years and have suffered lo sodium episodes. Have had weight gain. Recently having swelling of hands and and feet. Inability to focus is not something I would attribute to this med, but after seeing the list I believe this is from the med. I should stop it as I am having more problems with it.

2/5/2014 1:14:45 PM

Reviewer: Bethany, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Caregiver)

Comment:
This medication was given to my daughter to help with her bipolar disorder. She was on 600 mg in am and 600 mg at pm She secretly stopped taking it for 6 days and then hung herself and died. Am very upset about this. And wish her phych dr. Had told us about this severe side effect.

2/1/2014 2:56:51 PM

Reviewer: cecil, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
new medication

man rubbing painful knee