Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Lotronex oral.

2/8/2009 12:29:26 PM

Reviewer: Kathy-Illinois, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've read the reviews regarding this drug, Lotronex. I too, have suffered with IBS/D for several years & for the past 5 years have been taking 1 mg p/day. While I am most grateful for having my life back (working, shopping, socializing, etc.), I have experienced an increase in the cost of the medication for the past 13 months. I live in IL & now pay $545.00 per month for 30 pills (I ... Show Full Comment

2/4/2009 10:49:59 PM

Reviewer: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have suffered with IBS for over 25 years. Now I am taking Lotronex once a day and I feel that I can do almost anything that I could not do before I started to take this medication. I was not able to go out to eat with my husband, visit with friends or even travel. I now feel well enough to be able to enjoy the things I was missing in my life. I am even back at school to get my BS in Health St ... Show Full Comment

1/19/2009 7:35:50 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This medication needs "carefull" management by pts themselves. I was perscribed 0.5mg and told after a week, I could up the dose to 10mg. I take 1/4 to 1/2 of 0.5mg daily and it's a wonder drug. My IBS in 30yrs has never been so controled.

12/12/2008 8:24:17 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
PRESCRIBED LOTRONEX FOR IBS -CHRONIC DIARHHEA

11/2/2008 5:18:19 PM

Reviewer: Beverly, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had IBS for over 25 yrs. and this is a miracle drug. I am aware that there are some risks that come with this drug, but I am not willing at this time to give them up. Recently I have been diagnosed with colon ulcers, but my doctor assured me that it is not from taking Lotronex. I have researched it and I will continue with the drug. I have my life back again....