Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Elavil Oral.

10/8/2008 2:38:00 PM

Reviewer: Wideawaje, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

10/6/2008 8:56:30 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I take this medicine for insomnia and anxiety, and it's been lovely. I've been sleeping much better, although over time it seems my body gets used to the dosage, and then I need a higher one to help me sleep again. Overall, very effective, although if you don't take it for a period of time it can cause some nasty side effects like increased migraine, dizziness, and fever-like symptoms ... Show Full Comment

9/28/2008 3:08:12 PM

Reviewer: craddockk, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I was given this medicine for acid reflux and severe pain in my stomach. My doctor believed it was caused from anxiety. The medicine has worked! My only complaint is it makes me real sleepy within 15 minutes of taking it. Therefore, it is always taken at bedtime.

9/27/2008 12:04:35 AM

Reviewer: mcbeth607, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in 1995 with Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My rheumatologist prescribed Elavil to help me sleep & deal with the depression resulting from my chronic pain.

8/29/2008 11:52:28 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had been on 25mg for 3 weeks b/c of trouble falling alseep, waking up multiple times through out the night, and also irritability. This cndition may be due to a very traumatic car accident I had. The medication has worked minimally I have been falling alseep easier and my moodiness has improved, but I find myself sleep eating now and after seeing my Dr. for a check-up after 3 weeks, I gained 10 ... Show Full Comment

man rubbing painful knee