Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Elavil Oral.

9/27/2008 12:04:35 AM

Reviewer: mcbeth607, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in 1995 with Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My rheumatologist prescribed Elavil to help me sleep & deal with the depression resulting from my chronic pain.

8/29/2008 11:52:28 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had been on 25mg for 3 weeks b/c of trouble falling alseep, waking up multiple times through out the night, and also irritability. This cndition may be due to a very traumatic car accident I had. The medication has worked minimally I have been falling alseep easier and my moodiness has improved, but I find myself sleep eating now and after seeing my Dr. for a check-up after 3 weeks, I gained 10 ... Show Full Comment

8/29/2008 3:08:21 PM

Reviewer: kimmy05, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for IBS back in April & I have not started taking this medication yet for fear of what I have heard about this medication. Sounds like I need something different!

8/23/2008 1:49:33 PM

Reviewer: JLC_2770, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Had back surgery and was put on this medication to help with neuropathy, depression,severe nerve damage to my left side and to help me sleep. I also take Requip for my RLS and Lyrica for my Fibramyalgia and pain medication. So I am not sure if Elavil is working or if it is one of the other meds or if it is a combo of all my meds together.

8/2/2008 7:47:21 PM

Reviewer: daisylu, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Two months ago my doctor prescibes elavil for sleep and fibromyligia, and it has helped with my sleep. A serious side affect occured when my endo doctor precribed Tri=Sprintix for birth control, my hair started to fall out. It has falled out in a pattern called female pattern baldness. The sides of my head is thinning and so is the top of my head. I looked up the side effect of Elavil and Tri Spri ... Show Full Comment