Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Elavil Oral.

8/29/2008 3:08:21 PM

Reviewer: kimmy05, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for IBS back in April & I have not started taking this medication yet for fear of what I have heard about this medication. Sounds like I need something different!

8/23/2008 1:49:33 PM

Reviewer: JLC_2770, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Had back surgery and was put on this medication to help with neuropathy, depression,severe nerve damage to my left side and to help me sleep. I also take Requip for my RLS and Lyrica for my Fibramyalgia and pain medication. So I am not sure if Elavil is working or if it is one of the other meds or if it is a combo of all my meds together.

8/2/2008 7:47:21 PM

Reviewer: daisylu, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Two months ago my doctor prescibes elavil for sleep and fibromyligia, and it has helped with my sleep. A serious side affect occured when my endo doctor precribed Tri=Sprintix for birth control, my hair started to fall out. It has falled out in a pattern called female pattern baldness. The sides of my head is thinning and so is the top of my head. I looked up the side effect of Elavil and Tri Spri ... Show Full Comment

7/19/2008 11:27:58 PM

Reviewer: sleepy1950s, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
While on this medication I noticed my sence of taste was fading. I was trying this for chronic insomnia, it did not work. Will I ever be able to taste anything again? Weight gain was not a problem, did not gain one pound.

7/1/2008 2:39:48 PM

Reviewer: KELLIEBREEN13, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I TAKE THIS FOR INTERSTIAL CYSTITIS. I STARTED ON 10 MG AND AM NOW ON 50MG. EVER SINCE I STARTED ON 50 MG IM HAVING PANIC ATTACKS AND TENSION HA'S. IM STOPPING THIS MED TONIGHT.