Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Elavil Oral.

9/27/2008 12:04:35 AM

Reviewer: mcbeth607, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I was diagnosed in 1995 with Fibromyalgia & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. My rheumatologist prescribed Elavil to help me sleep & deal with the depression resulting from my chronic pain.

8/29/2008 11:52:28 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had been on 25mg for 3 weeks b/c of trouble falling alseep, waking up multiple times through out the night, and also irritability. This cndition may be due to a very traumatic car accident I had. The medication has worked minimally I have been falling alseep easier and my moodiness has improved, but I find myself sleep eating now and after seeing my Dr. for a check-up after 3 weeks, I gained 10 ... Show Full Comment

8/29/2008 3:08:21 PM

Reviewer: kimmy05, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I was prescribed this medication for IBS back in April & I have not started taking this medication yet for fear of what I have heard about this medication. Sounds like I need something different!

8/23/2008 1:49:33 PM

Reviewer: JLC_2770, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Had back surgery and was put on this medication to help with neuropathy, depression,severe nerve damage to my left side and to help me sleep. I also take Requip for my RLS and Lyrica for my Fibramyalgia and pain medication. So I am not sure if Elavil is working or if it is one of the other meds or if it is a combo of all my meds together.

8/2/2008 7:47:21 PM

Reviewer: daisylu, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Two months ago my doctor prescibes elavil for sleep and fibromyligia, and it has helped with my sleep. A serious side affect occured when my endo doctor precribed Tri=Sprintix for birth control, my hair started to fall out. It has falled out in a pattern called female pattern baldness. The sides of my head is thinning and so is the top of my head. I looked up the side effect of Elavil and Tri Spri ... Show Full Comment

highlighted areas of the brain
How well do you know yours?
mature woman with serious expression
What do you know?
Separate fact from fiction.