Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Elavil Oral.

4/24/2008 12:40:13 AM

Reviewer: cali77, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doc gave me this med for headaches and to get some help to sleep.Been taking it for 2 weeks,and still no help.This medicine did'nt help..No good,waste of my money.

7/1/2008 2:39:48 PM

Reviewer: KELLIEBREEN13, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I TAKE THIS FOR INTERSTIAL CYSTITIS. I STARTED ON 10 MG AND AM NOW ON 50MG. EVER SINCE I STARTED ON 50 MG IM HAVING PANIC ATTACKS AND TENSION HA'S. IM STOPPING THIS MED TONIGHT.

6/23/2008 12:24:11 PM

Reviewer: gotago, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this for a few months at a very low dose for anxiety related urges to empty my bladder several times an hour in the day. It began to work the secound day I was on it! The only side effects were dizzieness the first couple days. After a few months though I started feeling a little nervous again and IBS symptoms. My DR. at the time didn't want to up my dose so I got off and have yet ... Show Full Comment

5/22/2008 8:56:57 PM

Reviewer: angie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed this drug to help my sleeplessness during a streesful period. It worked well for this. I am on only 10mg and am now trying to cut back and eventually stop taking it, but everytime I cut back, even a small amount (eliminate 1/4 dose every other day) I experience nausea, dizziness, severe chills, grogginess and general aches and pains, to such a degree that I am unable to work a ... Show Full Comment

4/24/2008 7:53:38 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medicine for about 4 years. It has helped a lot with my headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, and trouble sleeping at night. I am on 60mg and it has really helped me. I do not have any major side effects, other than being a little more tired that others in the early morning.

sore foot
3 warning signs.
checking blood sugar
Symptoms and treatment.
man behind computer screen
10 possible causes.
Woman with itchy watery eyes
Common triggers.
man screaming
Making sense of symptoms.
human liver