Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Elavil Oral.

4/24/2008 12:40:13 AM

Reviewer: cali77, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
My doc gave me this med for headaches and to get some help to sleep.Been taking it for 2 weeks,and still no help.This medicine did'nt help..No good,waste of my money.

7/1/2008 2:39:48 PM

Reviewer: KELLIEBREEN13, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I TAKE THIS FOR INTERSTIAL CYSTITIS. I STARTED ON 10 MG AND AM NOW ON 50MG. EVER SINCE I STARTED ON 50 MG IM HAVING PANIC ATTACKS AND TENSION HA'S. IM STOPPING THIS MED TONIGHT.

6/23/2008 12:24:11 PM

Reviewer: gotago, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I was on this for a few months at a very low dose for anxiety related urges to empty my bladder several times an hour in the day. It began to work the secound day I was on it! The only side effects were dizzieness the first couple days. After a few months though I started feeling a little nervous again and IBS symptoms. My DR. at the time didn't want to up my dose so I got off and have yet ... Show Full Comment

5/22/2008 8:56:57 PM

Reviewer: angie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
My doctor prescribed this drug to help my sleeplessness during a streesful period. It worked well for this. I am on only 10mg and am now trying to cut back and eventually stop taking it, but everytime I cut back, even a small amount (eliminate 1/4 dose every other day) I experience nausea, dizziness, severe chills, grogginess and general aches and pains, to such a degree that I am unable to work a ... Show Full Comment

4/24/2008 7:53:38 PM

Reviewer: 13-18 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been taking this medicine for about 4 years. It has helped a lot with my headaches, irritable bowel syndrome, and trouble sleeping at night. I am on 60mg and it has really helped me. I do not have any major side effects, other than being a little more tired that others in the early morning.

man rubbing painful knee
Causes, warning signs.
Live and thrive.
couple kissing
What do you know about locking lips?
man with problem