Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Levothroid oral.

6/16/2009 5:17:23 PM

Reviewer: M7O1M9@aol.com, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Taking 75-100mcg alternating days for one year and I have noticed no change at all in my energy levels and continue not to be able to lose any weight. Can't take any diet products or supplements so I think levothroid pretty much sucks!

6/15/2009 2:55:05 PM

Reviewer: LindaGreff, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    I'm on the brandname - Synthroid, and the lowest dose possible. The only thing this medicine has done is change my T4 level -- no effect on lethargy, bradycardia (low heart rate), nails, hair, or dry skin. Also, I gained seven pounds when I started the med; doctor and pharmacist claimed water weight, but I can't lose it. But since my numbers are good, the doctor says it is working, won&# ... Show Full Comment

5/9/2009 9:04:16 AM

Reviewer: Linda, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
    The only hard part was remembering to take it on an empty stomach.

3/16/2009 7:16:18 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
    Levothroid can be a bit difficult. My doc cant seem to find the right dose- when he gave me too much I was full of energy, kinda shaky, and losing my hair. Now that my dose has been lowered I am more tired. However, it hs definitely helped me lose weight, which is a good thing.

3/5/2009 5:32:37 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
    I have always been thin, but starting two years ago I started to slowly put on weight. I thought it was because I was getting older, but then the other symptoms starte. My Dr. checked my Thyroid all the time and I guessed it never showed, but the syptoms were so bad he thought it was MS. I had the worst headake that lasted for two mo to begin with, I was walking into walls, falling down, lossing m ... Show Full Comment