Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Protonix Oral.

5/13/2012 8:49:46 PM

Reviewer: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using Protonix for the past 18 months and it has been very effective. Used Zantac for many years but didn't work anymore. Had terrible burning in mouth and esophagus. Lost 35 lbs and couldn't eat! This drug saved my life!Only side effect occasional gas and bloating. I'm concerned about long term use side effects.Take 40 mgs 1x a day.

3/7/2012 11:12:48 PM

Reviewer: Linda Lue, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I have been diagnosed with stomach polyps, numerious ones. I have been taking Protonix for 15 yrs. My md said that the drug might cause polyps. Has anyone heard of that?what treatment, none for me.

2/7/2012 11:43:23 AM

Reviewer: tjmppg, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
This drug worked great at first - couldn't manage without it! Eventually I was switched to the quite-a-bit less expensive generic version when it became available. The pain & reflux returned! Finally figured out what changed & got back on the expensive name brand Protonix. It helped somewhat, (better than nothing), but was still having reflux issues requiring additional antacids. ... Show Full Comment

2/1/2012 8:05:32 PM

Reviewer: westmooor103@hotmail.com, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
just started taking it hope it helps

1/11/2012 3:34:17 PM

Reviewer: QUILTLADY, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
4 hours after taking my 1st pill, I honestly thought I was gonna die and I was home by myself. I was fine until all of a sudden I got sick all over, headache, pain from the top of my head to my lower stomach, almost passing out, vomiting, and then my hands started to itch terribly. It took a good 30-45 minutes for me to ease. I thought I was having a stroke or a heart attack, it was awful! NEV ... Show Full Comment