Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Effexor oral.

7/10/2014 12:59:11 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:

Condition: Depression
6/28/2014 1:34:17 PM

Reviewer: chloe, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
I had been taking Effexor XR for about 10 years and then slipped into anxiety and depression. After changing to Effexor (not XR) for two months I was worse. I was weaned off Effexor under a doctor's care and feel so much better. I have come to realize that it works in the short term (with counseling) but for me should not be taken long term.

6/2/2014 7:09:26 AM

Reviewer: overcomer1, 35-44 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Effexor has worked for me every time. Recently I had another episode of depression after a stressful work situation and not pursuing my own goals and hobbies. As it always happens I had forgotten how horrible depression is and I also had some doubts: would Effexor work again? I was very worried for the first two weeks. I read some negative reviews and thought maybe this time the medication would n ... Show Full Comment

5/11/2014 12:53:35 AM

Reviewer: breadcrumb, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I took Zolft for 12 years and Paxil for 8 years. Paxil recently started to be less effective for my anxiety and depression, so I was given Effexor as I titrated off of the Paxil. Eventually the Effexor XR was raised to 225 mg per day. At first I thought the effexor would work for me, as my "old self" seemed to return. But then I started getting angry and felt intense rage! My personality ... Show Full Comment

2/4/2014 3:46:20 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)