Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Glucovance Oral.

2/22/2010 2:56:36 PM

Reviewer: Barbara S, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have reduced my medication because of high amounts of exercise. I need to take 1/2 of dosage of 1.25/250 so I cut tablets. However, the brand name is no longer manufactured. I can't take generic - I get wheezing, mucus, nasal swelling and cough from probably the coating or other stuff in pill. Any ideas?

2/15/2010 12:20:27 AM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had terrible pain and bloating of my abdomen while taking this medicine. I had to stop taking it after 3 days and it took that long again for my pain and swelling to ease. However, it did control my glucose level very well.

6/22/2009 5:55:23 AM

Reviewer: Glucovance , 35-44 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have experienced the Glucovance tab 500mg/2.5 twice a day right at the time of my breakfast and dinner time.The dose is suggested by my Doctor. I have take this tablet from one month or so, with this I have also take two other tablets name AMARYL 1mg and glucobay 50mg. My doctor recommend these tablets to me because my blood sugar is too high 300 to 350mg/dl and my A1C range is also very poor i. ... Show Full Comment

3/23/2009 5:51:11 AM

Reviewer: glucovage, Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
weird dreams

11/23/2008 9:12:31 AM

Reviewer: houdini, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I HAVE BEEN ON THIS MEDICATION FOR 8 YEARS AND IT HAS WORKED VERY EFFECTIVELY. IF TAKEN EVERY 12 HOURS IT SEEMS TO HELP CONTROL THE SUGAR LEVEL. I HAVE HAD TO ADD JANUVIA IN THE MORNINGS NOW. BUT THE BIGGEST FACTOR IS WATCHING WHAT YOU EAT AND QUANTITY. I AM ALLOWED TO TAKE A SMALL BITE ONCE IN A WHILE OF SOMETHING SWEET, BUT IT USUALLY WASN'T WORTH THE SUGAR INCREASE, MUST EXERCISE IF YOU ... Show Full Comment

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman