Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depakote ER Oral.

9/5/2008 8:17:49 PM

Reviewer: GIGI, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Depakote stopped my daily migraines. Only having 1 or 2 a month,but the side effects weren't worth it. I gained 14 lbs,my hip and knee joints hurt so bad i could barely walk. The list just goes on and on. I whiched to a channel blocker.

8/6/2008 1:59:41 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has helped with reducing the number of migraines I get, however; I did experience some hair thinning (which was time limited) and have gained over 30 pounds in the last year. I guess one has to decide if the benefits of this medication outweighs the side effects.

8/5/2008 8:45:10 AM

Reviewer: moonium, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 54 yr old female who is bi-polar with recent diagnosis of possible seizures (I have a neurologist appointment coming up). I was on lithium which helped me but with bad side effects (hair loss, trembling, etc). I put up with the side effects because it helped me. My doctor took me off of it a month ago due to me being in stage 3 of 5 kidney failure and started me on Depakote ER 1000 mg/day. ... Show Full Comment

7/23/2008 12:46:52 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this and it kept my migraines away and when, if I do get one, they are less painful and last shorter.

3/27/2008 12:08:13 AM

Reviewer: momma, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
tiredness and vomiting

Heart-Shaped Fried Egg
Can you benefit from them?
How to make the best choices for you.
Adult man lying awake in bed
How to recognize them.
smiling woman
Fight the effects of getting older.
chicken and veggie kabobs
What are you eating tonight?