Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depakote ER Oral.

9/5/2008 8:17:49 PM

Reviewer: GIGI, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Depakote stopped my daily migraines. Only having 1 or 2 a month,but the side effects weren't worth it. I gained 14 lbs,my hip and knee joints hurt so bad i could barely walk. The list just goes on and on. I whiched to a channel blocker.

8/6/2008 1:59:41 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
This medication has helped with reducing the number of migraines I get, however; I did experience some hair thinning (which was time limited) and have gained over 30 pounds in the last year. I guess one has to decide if the benefits of this medication outweighs the side effects.

8/5/2008 8:45:10 AM

Reviewer: moonium, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 54 yr old female who is bi-polar with recent diagnosis of possible seizures (I have a neurologist appointment coming up). I was on lithium which helped me but with bad side effects (hair loss, trembling, etc). I put up with the side effects because it helped me. My doctor took me off of it a month ago due to me being in stage 3 of 5 kidney failure and started me on Depakote ER 1000 mg/day. ... Show Full Comment

7/23/2008 12:46:52 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female (Patient)

Comment:
I started taking this and it kept my migraines away and when, if I do get one, they are less painful and last shorter.

3/27/2008 12:08:13 AM

Reviewer: momma, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
tiredness and vomiting