Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Depakote ER oral.

10/15/2010 11:10:16 PM

Reviewer: panda_2010, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
500 mg, 2 per day. Taken for 1 month. I was prescribed this for migraines. The tablets were sort of hard to swallow (and I can take pills easily). I was still getting the same amount of migraines, but they were less severe. I'm sure i gained about 10 pounds on the medication. I understand they usually prescribe this for patients with bipolar disorder, but I swear, it gave me severe mood swings ... Show Full Comment

8/23/2010 12:10:08 AM

Reviewer: kimberlina, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I have constant headaches and my dr. refuses to cive me any other meds

8/22/2010 9:46:37 AM

Reviewer: drillhead, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I have been on the med after coming of Toprimax. I am on 500 mg and so far I still have alot of pressure in my head but not vomiting or a full on migraine. I also take other drugs to stop a ful on migraine.

6/1/2010 2:07:21 PM

Reviewer: Curious_LilCat, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Sorry, but this medication was not worth it. It increased my appetite. As a result, I gained over 40 lbs in the 3 years I was on it. My libido was non-existent, I was always tired, I was highly irritable, and STILL kept getting migraines. It wasn't until I requested a copy of my labs be sent to my Primary doctor, that I found out that my Liver profile was that of someone who was about to go in ... Show Full Comment

2/20/2010 5:36:20 PM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
did not work as well as I had hoped

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture