Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of WelChol Oral.

10/30/2013 3:19:59 PM

Reviewer: Debbie, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I took my first dose (free trial)of the powder today. Nasty stuff. Called pharmacy to find out the price. They told me $134.50 WITH my Medicare. I sure can't afford that!!!! Just called the doc to get something else.

10/21/2013 10:32:20 AM

Reviewer: Tilley, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Easy to take I use the powder,my numbers went down,bot I get such bad nucle pain at night I am going to stop it and see

10/5/2013 2:00:48 AM

Reviewer: Steph, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm very satisfied with this med. However, I am experiencing terrible leg cramps like with statins, bloating, gas, loss of appetite and nausea. Still it has worked well to lower my cholesterol. Just wish it didn't cause the leg cramps. Am taking 3 pills in the a.m. and 3 in the p.m.

9/29/2013 5:34:13 PM

Reviewer: kateivy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Have lost 40 lbs...in 6 months. Been on over a year. Doctor says level still high try another 3months and retest..She doubled my thryoid med about 6 months. Other meds had back pain and kidney cysts . Having trouble with prolapse uterus and bladder 6 months after starting. Doc says coincidental??? Started taking 60 now 61. Cost of meds...make buying food expensive..so maybe stress and $$ rea ... Show Full Comment

9/25/2013 1:01:29 PM

Reviewer: Jack9999, 45-54 Male on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I'm a 46 y/o male. Five months ago, my total cholesterol was 281 and my LDL was 199. I can't tolerate statins so my doctor suggested Welchol. Since my cholesterol was so high, I also switched to a plant-based diet (no meat or dairy) and cut back on sugar. I also started going for walks in the morning before work. Yesterday my latest blood test results showed that my total cholesterol is no ... Show Full Comment