Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Glucophage XR oral.

9/23/2013 11:09:55 PM

Reviewer: Classy Lady, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Been on this medication for about a month. Blood sugar has dropped some, however; I am going to ask my healthcare provider for something else. Within one hour of eating, I am in the bathroom. It gives me diarrhea so bad that I cannot go anywhere. In addition, it gives me stomach cramps and a general feeling of being sick. I am not happy with this drug at all.

6/13/2012 8:01:50 PM

Reviewer: DJ, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had resisted going on meds. After struggling to control bg with diet only for a year and having poor results, I started(2000 mg) Metformin XR daily, 2 500mg tablets with breakfast and dinner.Remarkable results, I test between 100 and 125 consistantly and am able to add back nutritious foods to my diet within reason. Some mild nausea, bloating, and gas at first but mostly gone after a week, stil ... Show Full Comment

6/8/2012 9:10:12 AM

Reviewer: 65-74 Female

Comment:
when on this drug I saw little difference in my blood sugar. I just recently had a cat scan with contrast & had to be off this med for 48 hrs.During this 48hr period my urinary incontinance disappeared. I have stopped the med as per my Dr. and on a strict diet and I'm hoping to be off any diabetic meds forever. My icontenance was more trobeling to me. I can't tell you how happy i am no ... Show Full Comment

8/5/2011 1:27:44 AM

Reviewer: hlduane, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I got severe diarhea.

11/24/2010 7:02:27 PM

Reviewer: retired nursef8, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10 years or more (Patient)

Comment:
After taking my 1500mg dose after dinner I experience with my bowel movement there are 2 orange tablets among the stool they are the size of the glucophage. Should I DC the meds. FBS is no high than 118 HgbA1C5.4 6.6

man with indigestion
How to keep yours at bay.
stressed working woman