Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Venofer IV.

8/5/2009 10:39:06 AM

Reviewer: LiZiNa, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years

Comment:
My 1st treatment was in Aug.2008 and it was horrible, I had it bad with the side effects. I had vomiting,nausea,muscle ache all over,felt tired,sleepy, and swelling in my legs. The Doctor gave me benadryl with all my other treatments. So far I'm doing somewhat better, my body still hurt, I don't feel that energetic, I still have swelling in my leg, and I'm always tired. It takes about ... Show Full Comment

3/25/2009 12:14:57 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just had my 2nd treatment today. I have had zero side effects and actually have noticed more energy already. After being on oral iron medication for 1 year this has been easy.

3/17/2009 10:04:08 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I just started my treatments, the first of eight. I was scared to death because I had read some real horror stories on internet about it. But I came thru with flying colors, No sickness, maybe some mild soreness in my joints but nothing bad. The whole treatment took about 15 minutes. Like I said it was my first treatment so I dont feel any different than yesterday but it wasn't half as bad as ... Show Full Comment

11/23/2008 4:00:49 PM

Reviewer: Jeannie, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I had 5 treatments in April 08, then again in Nov.08, so far everything has went fine, feel a lot better, just wished the treatments lasted a little longer.

10/30/2008 7:47:54 PM

Reviewer: Trish, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I'm going in for my second round of venofer treatment. The first time the only adverse effect it had was severe itching. There was no visible rash. This time I will be pre-medicated with solumedrol and possibly Benadryl. Looking forward to having more energy and just feeling better overall.