Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Venofer intravenous.

12/3/2009 9:43:44 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Male on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
    Venofer has been great for me. I have had no side effects. Don't like having an IV started every time but otherwise it is great!!! I had my stomach removed about 13 years ago due to bleeding and my body was not absorbing oral iron.

10/23/2009 1:44:32 AM

Reviewer: mickeyjo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Well I had two treatments and both times I had an allergic reaction. My throat and tongue began to itch and then swell. I was treated with benadryl before both times and on the second treatment I also got a steroid before the venofer. My energy levels are up but I am unable to finish treatment because of the reaction. On the second treatment my bp shot up to 154/110 and I ended up in the er wi ... Show Full Comment

9/20/2009 1:39:56 PM

Reviewer: Elaine, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    Has anyone had any vision problems after a second treatment. My sitution may be coincidental.

8/5/2009 10:39:06 AM

Reviewer: LiZiNa, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years

Comment:
    My 1st treatment was in Aug.2008 and it was horrible, I had it bad with the side effects. I had vomiting,nausea,muscle ache all over,felt tired,sleepy, and swelling in my legs. The Doctor gave me benadryl with all my other treatments. So far I'm doing somewhat better, my body still hurt, I don't feel that energetic, I still have swelling in my leg, and I'm always tired. It takes about ... Show Full Comment

3/25/2009 12:14:57 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
    I just had my 2nd treatment today. I have had zero side effects and actually have noticed more energy already. After being on oral iron medication for 1 year this has been easy.