Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Humalog Mix 75-25 subcutaneous.

4/2/2013 8:55:12 AM

Reviewer: patc53, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
It's not bringing my blood sugars down, no matter what I eat or don't eat. I'm slowly increasing dosages (per my doctor's instructions), but I'm still having high fasting blood sugar and it doesn't come down very much after injections.

6/20/2012 12:27:17 AM

Reviewer: askumr, 45-54 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
Fasting blood sugar at 354 dropped to 104 on the first day itself. Had glycemic low of 68 in early morning -2:30 am for 2-3 days. Once I decreased the night time dosage now the levels are normal. random is 124 - 134 unless i succumb to temptation and eat mangoes and bananas in the night. else, with execise, things are looking brighter. i feel energetic throughout the day. :-))

8/25/2010 11:40:59 AM

Reviewer: MD Diabetic, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I was on Byetta which made me feel miserable BUT did help me lose weight. I now take Humalog 75/25 and it is controlling my BS BUT I am gaining weight! I exercise daily (Wii - "Let's Dance")! I am "porking" up quite a bit in my stomach and thighs! The weight gain is the only drawback I am unhappy with.

8/4/2010 8:12:16 PM

Reviewer: Piper, 55-64 Male on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take this drug with metformin xr, 1000 mg twice per day. Previously I took it with plain metformin and I started gaining weight, I was always hungry. Since the change I have started losing weight. If its not working for you, talk to your doctor. I went to and endocrinologist finally got my meds in order. I have also started an exercise program and am learning cognitive restructuring

7/5/2009 8:36:19 AM

Reviewer: sansui, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
injecting 2x a day 16 units is very painful experience for me . and still my sugar is going up . Maybe i"m not really following my doctor's advice. but i'm trying . pls. help what's the best medication to maintain normal sugar level.