Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Colazal Oral.

6/11/2011 1:40:14 PM

Reviewer: Toby66, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am having a hard time taking 9 pills daily. Losing a lot of my hair, not sure if this is a side effect or not. Have consulted MD, so far he has not heard of any one else with that problem. Not sure if drug is helping yet as I have only been on it a short time and am not consistent with doseage.

6/3/2011 5:33:14 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 5 to less than 10 years (Patient)

Comment:
I take this medicine 1 pill in the morning and two at night. This is a pretty low dose I have heard, but it works well. I have been on this for 7 years and I am 20 years old. I haven't had any flare ups, or bad side effects. The only ones are: I bruise easily, some insomnia, and maybe a bit of joint pain. I have recently in the past year had hair loss on the top of my scalp. This could be from ... Show Full Comment

7/21/2010 1:46:45 PM

Reviewer: Hart, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I just got diagnosed with UC and I have tried Asacol and Lialda, the headaches were too bad with both and they didn't work. With in 5 days this medicine started working and I have had no side effects or flare ups. WONDERFUL!!!

3/13/2010 6:02:25 PM

Reviewer: Lily2, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have tried many drugs for UC including Remicade and Humira(had BAD reactions to both). Colazal is the only drug where I have had extreme daytime somnolence and insomnia. Three pills three times are day are also difficult for me to remember. Other than those, this is a very effective drug.

3/12/2010 8:46:32 AM

Reviewer: ladydi, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
after taking colazal I have improvement.My doctor first prescribed 6 pills a day but this did not work so he put me on 9 pills which helped my condition a lot,but since taking the medicine I have not be sleeping good I only had about 4 hours in the last 2days.I do not want to stop taking the medicine but I have to get some sleep.So what do I do now?

How to keep flares at bay.
spinal compression fracture