Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Protopic topical.

1/5/2016 8:16:09 PM

Reviewer: Itchy Eye Veteran , 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I never had Eczema as a child but when I turned 14 I started to get Eczema under my eyes and my whole eye lids and crease under my eyes would turn red. I stopped wearing makeup for 6 months and tried other products like Aquaphor but I did not receive the results that I did with this product. Cleared up my itchy eyes right away. 10/10 would recommend. It burn at first though...no big deal well wo ... Show Full Comment

7/22/2015 11:18:57 PM

Reviewer: Hessonian, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had those flu-like symptoms including asthma-like breathing (I don't have a diagnosis), burning and severe itchiness, and sensitivity to touch (see, it's a vicious cycle of being itchy then not consciously scratching, then it hurts and itches more). Whenever I apply it, it tends to get better in 2-3 days, then it comes right back the following week. It's been like that for the p ... Show Full Comment

6/2/2015 2:06:56 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I get flare-ups on my eyelids, so bad that my eyes will almost completely swell shut. The first time I used it on my eyelids it burned and itched like fire. Gradually that went away (after a few hours) and after a day or so my the eczema was mostly gone. It is also expensive - but worth it. It has been the only thing that has ever helped.

4/20/2015 1:46:44 PM

Reviewer: Divadee8984, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've had eczema since I was about 10 years old; once I turned 30 the eczema started to flare up on my face all around my nose and mouth and eyelids. I tried everything from lanolin ointment to steroid ointments, nothing worked for months. After only 3 days of using this (2X a day) it cleared up completely! Burns a little when you first put it on but so worth it in the end.

11/27/2014 11:27:05 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Caregiver)

Comment:
The doctor prescribed this for my 5yr old son fro his chronic eczema, at first it looked like it was working, but then it started to get worse than it was and he started to get headaches and sore throats. he has also been complaining of stomach aches and pains. I am now taking him off and hoping that only after 2 weeks of taking this we will not see any lasting problems.