Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Get Started
My Medicine

My Medicine

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

• Second Opinion

Second Opinion

Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

• Community

Community

Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Benzaclin topical.

11/17/2009 3:01:13 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I have been using the generic form of Benzaclin on my face and back. It was extremely difficult to find the generic form. I've been using it for almost a month and have seen no difference in my acne and have ruined several shirts and sheets despite allowing it to dry before putting on a shirt.

11/13/2009 9:44:40 AM

Reviewer: Plastic, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I am using the generic version of Benzaclin. I do have the side effects listed on this site of the itching, burning! It hurts and is quite annoying but I am sure it is going to be well worth it, I am using this along with my Retin-A gel and hopefully things will progress to get rid of these under the skin pimples I have had since highschool. Plus the new breakouts now and then..

9/28/2009 12:02:54 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
This product has been amazing at treating my adult acne. I started getting acne as an adult about a year ago and could not find anything that would effectively treat it. It also became painful so I decided to go to the dermatologist. He prescribed Benzaclin and I found relief within two days (my acne was almost completely gone). I have been using it for three months and my skin is now clear.

8/27/2009 10:41:50 PM

Reviewer: luanlegacy, 13-18 Male on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I've been using Benzaclin for just about a week now, and I haven't really noticed a spefific difference. but during the 5 days I've used it, I've developed 3 HUGE/painful cysts on my face. like absolutely terrible, and goign to highschool, thats not something you want. i want to give it a good review, but i just don't see results, I might write again after I've used it long ... Show Full Comment

8/23/2009 10:34:02 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I am 24 years old and really started breaking out when I was about 20. I have tried everything to help get rid of the acne, and this has been the only thing that has really ever helped me. When not using the medication, I get all types of breakouts (whiteheads, blackheads, under the skin etc.) and once I get my rx refilled and start using this again, I see an almost immediate improvement. The only ... Show Full Comment