Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mirena intrauterine.

5/9/2015 12:52:29 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had Mirena for 1yr. I'll just say the pain of insertion was excruciating. I had severe cramps on and off for months, and i have a high pain tolerance. Since i lose globs of hair daily, gained 20lbs, moodiness, and extremely low energy levels. I even went to the doctor and had a lot of blood work done to prove it wasn't anything else causing these issues. Not happy with Mirena and ... Show Full Comment

4/21/2015 9:45:17 PM

Reviewer: chelback, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I've had my IUD for two months and I love it. Insertion was painful but fast. I did have strong cramps for about 12 hours but was at 100% the next day. Since then I've had no side effects, no periods, no babies. Highly reccomend.

4/19/2015 10:48:09 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Got this in September 2014 after giving birth to a stillborn that was the result of a missed pregnancy. Started getting migraines 3 months after having it placed & just thought it was a new health issue I would have to deal with. After reading possible side effects & seeing that migraines was 1 of them, I plan on getting it removed & getting a different IUD.

4/18/2015 4:45:33 PM

Reviewer: BeachBum, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had a mirena IUD put in July 2014. It was amazing for the first 6 months, I absolutely loved it! That was until January, I found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately when they removed the IUD it was an instant abortion. I have now got a second IUD and hope that this one is more effective!!

3/31/2015 6:28:08 PM

Reviewer: StrawberryJ, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I had Mirena placed in late October 2014. I decided on this form of birth control because I had heard many good things about this particular IUD. I had just given birth to my second child, 3 months before getting Mirena. I liked the idea of a worry free birth control and not having a period. My doctor reassured me that this form was reliable and easy to use. My experience with placement was e ... Show Full Comment

chest x-ray