Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mirena utrn.

7/7/2008 4:23:11 PM

Reviewer: Lexysinger, 25-34 Female

Comment:
I am 29 years old and a mother of one. After having my son I was concerned about which birth control to take seeing as I was breast feeding. My doctor recommended Mirena to me said it was low hormonal and would not harm my son. I couldn't wait to have it put in. I even told my husband, "Don't touch me, till I have this put in." LOL. During the insertion, there was a little d ... Show Full Comment

7/6/2008 10:22:35 PM

Reviewer: Nicole, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I am a 29 year old married mother of three...I have had mirana for 8 months..I put on 30 pounds!!! besides that I feel sick and I have had serious moods swings..I am not sure if the mood swings are from this..but I do plan to have it removed soon and tie my tubes....

7/5/2008 1:39:01 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
Painful insertion, severe cramps for 24 hours. Also, something not many people have written about, but several of my friends agree...your sexual partner does feel the wires/strings and get poked. Can make intercourse uncomfortable. However, it is cost effective. I'm not sure if I will go back to using this after I'm done having children or not.

7/3/2008 12:35:46 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
Spotted for the first month. But overall it is great! I would definitely sugguest it.

7/2/2008 7:24:16 PM

Reviewer: wabbett, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I have had the mirena for a year and a half....and have been through hell, i am 22 a single mother and have had acne, depression,sever panick attacks, stomach problems, nervesnous, just to name a few. I am getting it taken out finally thank god. But otherwise the insertion was painless and it is effective. I would say beware useing this, my life changed because of it!

Does your kid have symptoms?