Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mirena utrn.

1/11/2008 8:29:42 PM

Reviewer: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

1/10/2008 10:42:41 AM

Reviewer: kmccallum, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I had this put in 6 weeks after I delivered my first baby and I did hurt quite a bit, and I blead for a month, but I think it was worth it. I'll take the irregular periods to an unplanned pregnancy.

1/9/2008 11:30:42 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:
I've had Mirena for over 1 yr. The only bad thing I can say about it is the random cramping. I spot once a month, but do not have a true period. Getting it put in, so far, has been the worst part

1/7/2008 5:28:28 PM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
it was extremely painful to have put in, then i had shooting pains for quite sometime. when i got it checked the dr. could not feel strings so after 2 ultrasounds i had to have an xray where they found it completely outside my uterus. i now have to have surgery to have it removed!! i would NOT recommend this to anyone!!!!

1/7/2008 10:28:08 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had Mirena inserted on December 19, 2007... The insertion pain was beyond what I had expected. The pain was unbearable and took two insertion attempts to get it right. I had mild cramping afterwards but when I got home... I was ready to rip it out myself!!! The pain felt like full labor pains. Now 21 days into it I have cramping and spotting. In addition, I thought all was well when I checked an ... Show Full Comment