Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mirena utrn.

12/31/2007 10:03:09 AM

Reviewer: Dana, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I decided on Mirena after my 2nd birth and all and all it is great except for the few side effects. After the insert I had dizzy/faint/nausea and extreme cramping(that felt like a peaking contraction) for about a constant hour. I do have headaches & moodiness but had them before Mirena. Sex drive has gone down hill. Vision change comes & goes but can't pin-point it on Mirena(may be blo ... Show Full Comment

12/30/2007 10:25:01 AM

Reviewer: Missdani, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
I am glad that I cannot get preganant but I have been bleeding every since I got the mirena inserted four months ago. And my hair is falling out like crazy. I am considering getting it removed.

12/28/2007 11:42:49 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I haven't had a period since the 3rd month after getting the IUD. I love it. Its there, I just don't have to remember to take anything, or do anything. It's wonderful!

12/27/2007 5:03:41 PM

Reviewer: Friend2Animals, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
Simplicity and effectiveness is wonderful. Side effects are horrible. Headaches, Moodiness, Cramps, Low Libido, Irregular Periods, Acne. There has to be a better way! I very rarely have a period, but I feel like I'm PMS-ing 3 weeks out of 4.

12/23/2007 11:44:34 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I love not having to worry about getting pregnant but the side effects are horrible. Mood swings, no period, headaches, and sex drive is gone. I am planning on having it removed in 1 month.