Read user comments about the side effects, benefits, and effectiveness of Mirena utrn.

1/6/2008 2:10:28 PM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months to less than 1 year (Patient)

Comment:
I got it put in over 8 months ago, my ob/gyn had an awful time getting it in and it hurt terribly. After the awful insertion,I bled for an eternity but started losing weight like crazy. Sex drive is barely there but I do it anyway:)

1/6/2008 1:55:04 PM

Reviewer: Pickle 245, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to 6 months (Patient)

Comment:
Insertion of the Mirena was extremely painful. I think it was worse than having my baby. It took to doctor three tries to get it were it needed to be. Afterward I immediatley started to spot. About a week later I started my period and it lasted for 3 1/2 weeks. Stopped for a week then started again. Now I start and go for a week, stop for a day or two then go for another week. I have awful c ... Show Full Comment

1/2/2008 11:20:23 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2 to less than 5 years (Patient)

Comment:
I thought this was the miracle birth control...but after 2 years, all of the sudden I've gained 25 pounds and am starting to feel the psychological effects. The same thing happened to me while I was receiving the DepoProvera shot. I'm having my Mirena removed. Too bad... It really was great while it lasted.

1/2/2008 2:28:58 AM

Reviewer: 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient)

Comment:
I had Mirena for 1 month. I was crabby and my pelvis hurt. There were 3 straight weeks of heavy bleeding so I begged the doctor to take it out. It's only been a couple of days now, but my bleeding has gotten worse after it's removal. I really wanted it to work too. I was excited for fewer/shorter periods and thought free birth control.

1/2/2008 12:00:45 AM

Reviewer: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1 to less than 2 years (Patient)

Comment:

Does your kid have symptoms?